DATE: January 24, 2019
MEMO TO: LBC Board of Directors
FROM: USA Boxing Staff
RE: LBC Leadership Workshop
Building upon the success of the 2017 LBC Leadership Workshop, USA Boxing is hosting another one. The LBC Leadership Workshop will train our local leaders in governance, fiscal responsibility, rules of play, board position duties, insurance, Webpoint, Matchtracker, and more!
WHO: All Presidents, All Treasurers, All COOs, and New Registration Chairpersons
WHAT: Important Board Training after the Recent Elections
WHEN: All Day on Friday, March 27 and until noon on Saturday, March 28
(Travel on Thursday, March 26 and late in the afternoon on Saturday, March 28)
WHERE: Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada during the USA Boxing Western Qualifier
WHY: Because it is imperative to learn the responsibilities of your Board position and pass on information to other leaders and members. Plus, we want you to be successful.
HOW MUCH: There is no charge for the workshop but travel/hotel expenses will be a “cost share” between the LBCs and the national office. The LBCs will pay for participant travel and the national office will pay for 2 nights of hotel stay with a roommate, meals and training materials.
REGISTER: All Participants must register ONLINE
• We will offer time to talk with other LBC leaders
• USA Boxing Annual Membership Q&A session included
• Some information may be repetitive from the Fall 2017 training but there will also be new information (Previous Presidents and Treasurers are needed to help orientate the “newbies”)
• Participants may request a roommate; otherwise we will assign them
• Participants may have a solo room by paying the difference.
• Another board member may be a designee, if one of the above positions is unavailable.
• LBC Leaders may book their flight with a 2-10% discount through the United Olympic Help Desk at 800-841-0460.
• Only invited officials working the Western Qualifier may book through Shorts Travel.
• There is a complimentary shuttle to/from the Reno-Tahoe airport and Grand Sierra Resort
• Additional LBC Workshop information will be emailed to you prior to the event
• After registering in Webpoint, please send Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
o Your flight information
o Solo room or roommate request (if applicable)
o Your board position or if you are a board designee attending in place of another position (and who is not attending)
o Any questions for the Townhall Membership meeting
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: (Subject to change. A more precise schedule will be given the week prior to the workshop):
Thursday, March 28 Travel to Reno
4:00 – 5:30 pm LBC Workshop Check-in
5:30 pm Dinner
6:00 pm Watch boxing at the Western Qualifier
Friday, March 29 7:00 – 8:00 am Workshop Check-in for Thursday late arrivals
8:00 am Breakfast
8:30 am USA Boxing Overview
10:00 am LBC Training in Break-Out Groups
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm LBC Training in Break-Out Groups
2:15 pm Coaches Education presentation
3:00 pm Break
3:15 pm LBC Training in Break-Out Groups
4:30 pm Townhall Membership Q&A
6:00 pm Bowling Dinner Party
Saturday, March 30 7:00 – 8:00 am Breakfast
8:00 am Roundtable Discussion by Board Positions
9:30 am LBC Training in Break-Out Groups
11:00 am Lunch
Noon Executive Director Closing and Q&A
After noon Flight home
Watch Boxing Finals